List of Skrill online casinos for players from UK
One of the things that has made online gambling such a big hit among people from across the world is the ease with which one can deposit funds into a casino account and withdraw winnings from it. This has been greatly helped by the advent of Internet-dependent banking methods and, in particular, e-wallets. One e-wallet that you see being supported by all the top UK online casinos is Skrill. Skrill is popular because it is:
- Easy to use
Skrill is an award-winning payment services provider that was founded in 2001 as MoneyBookers. It was bought out by Investcorp Technology in 2007 opted for the name Skrill from 2013 after it rebranded itself to become the Skrill Group. Today it owns another very popular payment method the prepaid card called PaySafeCard, which it acquired in 2013. The following year it also acquired Ukash to extend the reach of PaySafeCard. It is licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of the UK.
The following statistics give you an indication of the popularity that Skrill enjoys:
- Operational in over 200 countries worldwide
- Over 36 million users worldwide
- Employs a workforce of over 5,650 people across the world
- Supports 40 different currencies
- Supports 100 local payment options across the world
Top UK Online Casinos Supporting Skrill as a Payment Method
Because of all the great features that Skrill comes with, as listed out above, it is a very popular payment method at all the top UK online casinos. You may find it hard to locate the right Skrill casino to play at given the large number of them around. That is where we step in to help: we have put together for you a list of the top UK online casinos that accept Skrill.
All the casinos on our list have been rigorously tested by our team of experts not only for all the regular parameters in our schedule but also specifically for their support for Skrill as a deposit and withdrawal method. We also provide reviews of these casinos; so all you need to do is go through our list, read our reviews, and select the casino you want to play at.
(T&C apply. 18+)
(T&C apply. 18+)
(T&C apply. 18+)
(T&C apply. 18+)
(T&C apply. 18+)
Why Skrill is Popular at UK Online Casinos
Skrill is another payment method that a large number of UK players prefer at online casinos. This is because:
- Sign-up is free
- Nominal transaction fee
- Maximum cap of €10 on fees
- Simple and instant
- Completely secure
- High-end encryption technology – 128-bit SSL encryption that is certified by Verisign – as per the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS Level 1)
- Use of Two Factor Authentication as additional security layer
- 100% money-back guarantee if you lose money because of unauthorized access of your account, as long as have not been irresponsible in terms of maintaining security
- Fast and instant deposits
Signing Up for a Skrill Account
You have to have a Skrill account to be able to use this e-wallet to deposit funds into your UK online casino account.
- Visit the Skrill website.
- Click the Open a Free Account on the home page to register an account.
- On the screen that appears, provide your e-mail id, choose a valid password, and click the Next button.
- On the following screens, enter all your personal details including your:
- Date of birth
- Preferred currency
- Once you have provided all your personal details click the Submit button.
- Your Skrill account gets activated.
Here are some things you should know:
- You have to add your bank account at the time of opening your Skrill account.
- Another option is to add a credit card.
- Adding one of these two is mandatory, unlike in other payment methods like NETeller, where it is not mandatory during the sign-up stage.
- Adding one or both of the above ensures you can transact using your debit and/or credit card.
Using Skrill at the Top UK Online Casinos
Once you have an active Skrill account you can use it to deposit funds into your UK casino account.
- You must have funds in your Skrill account to be able to use it to fund your casino account.
- You can do this using either the bank account/debit card or credit card that you added during sign-up.
- There is no sign-up fee when you open a Skrill account. However, there are transaction fees for certain transactions. You can learn about these fees by contacting:
- Skrill’s support team
- The customer support team of the casino you are playing at
To deposit funds into your UK casino account using Skrill follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the Banker or Cashier tab on the home page of your casino.
- On the fresh screen you see, click the Skrill logo to select it as the payment method chosen.
- You are taken to the Skrill website. Enter all the required details there, including:
- Your log in credentials
- The secure ID number
- The amount you want to deposit
- Other relevant details
- Click the Confirm button to confirm the transaction.
- Finally, click the Submit button.
- Your money gets deposited into your casino account almost instantly.
Most of the top UK online casinos also support Skrill as a withdrawal method.
- The process is the same as for depositing funds into your casino account.
- The withdrawal timeframe is longer than the deposit timeframe.
- This is because there are verifications that the casino does to ensure the withdrawal is authentic.
- Once the withdrawal process is complete the money reaches you within a maximum of 48 hours.
Alternative Payment Methods to Skrill
Skrill is a reliable, trustworthy payment option used globally and provides users with a low-cost, highly secure payment solution. The award-winning payment method is accepted internationally due to its flexibility in catering for unique needs. Skrill also offers other alternatives such as Skrill Mass Payouts and Skrill 1-Tap features, while benefits include user-friendly use with excellent protection.
One of the main reasons why Skrill is a preferred payment method for online purchases and depositing at online casinos is that individuals can execute payments without the need to provided merchants with any financial details. Money can be wired in over 40 currencies and the only information required is a password and email address. Ease of use in today’s fast paced environment is imperative, and with the inclusion of Skrill, 1-Tap users are given the option to make payments in once click, which is the easiest and fastest way possible. Once the first payment or purchase has been made, no payment details or login’s are required, and Skrill works flawlessly on tablet, smartphones, and PCs.
All online casinos catering for UK players accept Skrill as a trustworthy payment option although deposits made via NETELLER and Skrill often result in players losing out on the best bonuses. By reading the terms & conditions part of high percentage welcome packages, players are often disappointed to discover that they are not eligible for any bonus should they prefer to use Skrill or NETELLER to fund their online casino account. By using other payment methods such as debit or credit cards, casino members are enabled to qualify for all bonuses, and while Visa and MasterCard offer ease of use, PayPal adds, even more, bonus benefits.
PayPal dominates the online casino payment solution market for several reasons while the main one is that several casinos offer an additional bonus worth 5% up to 15% to players using this payment method. A study performed by WorldPay identified that PayPal had the highest market share of 57% as an alternative payment scheme and is currently used by more than 170 million users internationally.
In The UK, PayPal is a household name, and its history speaks for itself while the benefit of using PayPal to fund online casino accounts include convenience, security, 24-hour assistance and additional bonus rewards. PayPal can be financed via a variety of ways including debit or credit cards and players only need to enter their email address and password to complete transactions. By going considerable lengths to protect the brand’s reputation, several strict policies are in place, which offers PayPal users peace of mind. Hassle-free deposits and withdrawals can be made via PayPal, while in smaller amount transactions its fees are reasonable and affordable. In comparison with other payment providers, PayPal only deals with mobile and online casinos licensed in the same country as where the player resides. UK players can use this payment method at casinos regulated and licensed via the UK Gambling Commission only.