Live Blackjack: List of top Live Blackjack Dealer Casino UK Sites
The online casino took gambling to a whole different level, and yet the human element was missing.
The arrival of live dealer games bridged that chasm and made for an amazing online casino experience that gave you the best of both worlds – the comfort and security of the online casino and the thrill of playing against a beautiful girl who is the dealer.
You played at an online casino but interacted with real-life dealers and croupiers. The first online casino game to be offered at live dealer casinos was blackjack. Live blackjack is one of the most popular of all live dealer casino games.
- The game has a dealer you play against; this is usually a beautiful girl you will definitely want to talk to.
- The dealer deals the cards and generally runs the game.
- The action is usually out of a land-based casino or the software provider’s live casino studio.
- It is then filmed and streamed live over the Internet to the player.
On this page we will take a look at the unique form of blackjack that is live blackjack.
Top UK Online Casinos Offering Live Blackjack Games
(T&Cs apply, 18+) No deposit for wager free spins. Opt in required. Min £10 first deposit for deposit bonus. 30x wagering requirement applies for deposit bonus and winnings. Max £5 per spin or £0.50 per bet line. Contribution to wagering requirements varies per game. Full terms at https://www.casumo.com, please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org
More about Live Blackjack
To play a game of live blackjack this is what you need to do.
- Find a UK online casino that offers live dealer games.
- Click on the Live Casino tab on the casino’s home screen.
- Sign in or sign up by providing the required information.
- Deposit funds into your account if it is not there already.
- Click on the variant of live blackjack you want to play from the games on offer.
- Place your bets for the dealer to start dealing.
Some casinos may allow you to select the game first and then sign in or register if you are a new player. There are different variants of live blackjack available at UK online casinos, including:
- Classic 7-seater games
- Games with VIP tables
- Games in the 1-to-many format
The 1-to-many format games are different from the 7-seater and VIP table games.
- There are multiple players from multiple locations and one dealer.
- The dealer accepts wagers from the different players at one go.
- He then deals a single hand that the different players see and respond to from their respective locations.
Live Blackjack Software Providers
All casino software providers with live dealer gaming capabilities offer live blackjack. The three most well-known among them are:
- Evolution Gaming: This is one software provider that specializes in live dealer games. There are 4 different live blackjack variants on offer. Two of these are games with VIP tables. The following are some of the features of live blackjack from Evolution Gaming:
- High definition large video stream
- Streaming is not affected by a slow network speed
- Stream views can be controlled by the player
- Large number of tables and dealers – over 100 tables available
- Games compatible with mobile casino gaming on iOS and Android platforms
- Live studio support
- Private tables available
- Split aces and re-split hands can be hit
- Availability of the Surrender option in the games
- Microgaming: Microgaming has been one of the pioneers of the online casino software industry. Its live blackjack games are among the most sought after. The following are some of the features of its live blackjack variants.
- Played with an 8-deck shoe
- 7-seater multi-player version available
- Multi-game play option possible
- High definition video quality
- Bet behind and fast play options available
- Dealer to stand on soft 17
- Splitting allowed only on hands having overall value of 9, 10, or 11
- Doubling not allowed on splitting
- Split aces can be hit
- Playtech: Playtech is another big name in the casino software industry with a great range of live blackjack games. There are 5 variants available. The common variant comes with an 8-deck shoe.
- 7-seater multi-player variant available
- High quality videos
- Wide range of tables and dealers
- Dual platform games, Asian and European variants
- Mobile compatible – works on Android and iOS platforms
- Multi-table gaming
- Browser-based games available
- Splitting of cards allowed once per hand
- Doubling allowed on any 2 cards and also after splitting
- NetEnt: There are different variants of live blackjack games available from NetEnt. One of the unique offerings from NetEnt driven by innovation is Live Common Draw Blackjack. The game can accommodate hundreds of players and work with multiple currencies any time.
- High quality of video and graphics
- Table statistics and on-screen history of last 10 dealer’s hands
- Wide range of tables and dealers
- Free play option available on select games
Live Blackjack: How It Works
Almost all 7-seater live blackjack games use an 8-deck shoe. However, there are games that use a 7-deck shoe as well. Here are a few important things to remember once you log in:
- Find a table; you may have to wait if you are looking for a particular live blackjack game.
- Remember to fund your account. You can do this using any of the deposit methods available.
- You have to know the different play options for each hand and the rules, which are the same as that of a regular blackjack game.
- Use the chat feature to interact with the dealer; you cannot talk to the dealer but you can definitely hear what she or he has to say.
Components of a Live Blackjack Table
There are 3 primary components of a live blackjack table on your screen:
- Blackjack table: This is the view of the table where the action is unfolding.
- Card view section: This is the section where you see the cards as they are dealt. The camera zooms in during the deal to show you the cards in large size; after the deal the camera zooms out to give you a full-table view.
- Dealer section: Usually towards the top/top left of the screen, this section shows the dealer in action.
Live Blackjack Betting Limits and House Edge
Live blackjack is a game with high betting limits. The minimum bet can be between £1 and £25 and high rollers can bet anywhere up to £10,000. The high bet limit is because of the additional expenses involved in:
- Setting up and running the studio
- Acquiring and maintaining the high-end equipment including camera, lighting, and software.
- Paying the staff involved in running the studio
Live blackjack has a low house edge usually, but that depends more on the software provider.
- It could be anywhere between 0.50% and 6.95% for a 7-seater game.
- There could be variations for other games.
- The payout remains constant at 3:2.
Live Blackjack Advantages and Disadvantages
The following are some of the advantages of playing live blackjack:
- The live dealer makes a huge difference as she/he brings in a much-needed human element.
- The social quotient is higher than that of a regular blackjack game at an online casino.
- The ambience of an actual land-based casino or live casino studio is worth its weight in gold.
There are just a few but very significant disadvantages as well:
- The live dealer actually slows down the pace of a game compared to a RNG.
- Higher minimum bets compared to a regular online blackjack game can be a deterrent for many.