Top UK Casinos that accept Debit Card deposits and withdrawals
All the top online casinos in the UK support an extensive range of payment methods. This gives players the freedom of choice; they can choose the payment method they are most comfortable with.
A wide range of payment methods also reflects on the stature of the online casino. A number of these casinos support debit cards as a payment method.
Debit cards are actually among the popular payment methods at online casinos in the UK today. On this page we discuss briefly about the different aspects of using debit cards at an online casino.
Best UK Debit Card Casinos
(T&Cs apply, 18+) No deposit for wager free spins. Opt in required. Min £10 first deposit for deposit bonus. 30x wagering requirement applies for deposit bonus and winnings. Max £5 per spin or £0.50 per bet line. Contribution to wagering requirements varies per game. Full terms at https://www.casumo.com, please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org
Why Debit Cards are Popular at the Top UK Online Casinos
There are a number of reasons why the debit card is a popular deposit and withdrawal option at the top UK online casinos.
- They are linked directly to your bank account, which means you spend your own money.
- There is no question of extra debt when you use a debit card, unlike when you use a credit card.
- You can plan your play session when you use a debit card, depending on the amount you want to use.
- You get the cushion of the high security measures that banks use, which means your transactions are completely secure.
- Deposits are fast and instant with a debit card. Withdrawals are quite fast too, whenever a debit card is involved.
- You are also able to access funds from an ATM if the situation demands, when you use a debit card.
- You get 24×7 access to your bank account; this ensures you are not left stranded with no cash because of the time of day or night you are playing.
There are also a few negatives associated with debit cards:
- Since a debit card is linked to your bank account, you can play only if you have adequate funds in your account.
- There is no extra credit that you can borrow with a debit card, unlike when you use a credit card.
- Not many of the top UK online casinos earlier accepted debit cards for withdrawing funds; even now only a select few do.
- There is a lot of documentation involved when it comes to withdrawing funds using a debit card.
Top UK Online Casinos Accepting Debit Cards
A significant number of UK online casinos accept debit cards for making payments, and some also accept them for withdrawing funds. We help you find the right online casino by listing out the top UK online casinos that accept debit cards. All these casinos have been tested and tried by our team of experts for the different aspects related to transactions. We have also reviewed them to simplify your task of picking one to play at.
Getting a Debit Card
The standard debit cards accepted at the top UK online casinos are:
Using a debit card to fund your casino account at one of the UK online casinos we have listed is simple. Since the debit card is linked to the bank you need to have a bank account that gives you access to a debit card.
- To get a debit card fill the registration form provided by the service provider with your personal details like name, address, and other important data. Also provide the required documentation as proof.
- The bank verifies the documents and then issues you a debit card.
- You also get a unique username and password that you can customize.
- Your debit card is ready for use now.
- There is no sign-up fee involved, but there is a maintenance fee charged annually.
- There could be transaction fees at times depending on the nature and volume of transaction.
Using a Debit Card at the Top UK Online Casinos
The first step to using a debit card to fund your casino account is to ensure that the casino supports this payment method.
- Sign up with the online casino you are looking to play at by providing all your details.
- Register the debit card as well at the time of signing up.
- You do this by providing your debit card details to the bank.
- This is a one-time exercise; the casino stores the information for future reference at the time of conducting a transaction.
- Once you have registered the debit card, head to the Banking or Cashier wing of your online casino.
- Click the logo of the debit card you have registered. A fresh screen appears.
- Enter the amount of money you want to deposit in your casino account.
- Enter any other required details, and then confirm that the amount and details are accurate.
- Click the Ok button.
Your money gets transferred instantly from your bank account to your UK online casino account. You can also use a debit card to withdraw funds at some casinos. The process is more or less the same as it is for depositing funds. There is, however, a significant difference. Because it is a withdrawal the bank verifies the entire request and your details before processing the transaction. As a result the withdrawal process is slightly longer than the deposit process.
Alternative Payment Methods to Debit Cards
An in-depth study of the global payment landscape in 2012 by WorldPay found that online purchased made via alternative payments, other than credit or debit cards, would rise from 43% in 2012 to well over 59% in 2017. It’s finding also included that the card payment market, which includes debit and credit cards, would decline from 57% in 2012 to only 41% by 2017.
E-wallets would equal card usage as the most used global payment method and were predicted to have an overall market share of 41%. £295 billion was processed via e-wallet payment in 2012 and was predicted to rise in 2017 to £1,656 billion.
PayPal was identified as one of the most popular methods for online transactions and has the highest market share of 57% as an alternative payment scheme. Card-based e-wallets have a 25% share in the card market due to new initiatives by Visa such as the V.me card that currently fuels its growth considerably. E-wallets are hugely popular in China, and e-wallets usage now reaches around 44% of transactions.
In Europe, mobile ownership is the highest and smartphone ownership is 88% while specialized mobile payment solutions are estimated to reach £117 billion in 2017 while it reached £18 billion in 2012.
PayPal is one of the most popular alternative payment methods used instead of debit cards and offers secure transaction options to over 170 million users worldwide. Users can link their bank accounts as well as debit and credit cards to PayPal and the free P2P tool enable users to send cash to family and friends free of charge.
PayPal is a trusted household brand in the UK and is used by online gamblers to make a deposit and withdraw winnings while playing at online casinos supporting this well-respected payment option gives players peace of mind. PayPal is one of the most favored amongst online casino gaming enthusiasts, and one of the reasons why UK players prefer it is that they do not have to reveal any sensitive personal or banking information to the online casino.
Several UK casinos offer players an additional bonus when PayPal is used to make deposits and members gain access to bonuses ranging between 5% up to 15%. Mobile users have access to PayPal and can rely on top protection and security when they use this e-wallet on the go.
Specializing in money transferring online since 1998 PayPal is now a well-trusted household name. The company first operated as Confinity that focused primarily on security software for all mobile devices and entered the online payment solutions sector in 1999. PayPal users can use twenty-six different currencies and assistance is offered in multiple languages, and since July 2015, PayPal is an independent company and is no longer a subsidiary of eBay. Providing easy payment solutions to both online and mobile users ensure that PayPal would remain one of the most popular alternative payment options for the future.