You are at the right place for any information on anything to do with live casino gaming at any of the top UK casinos. We are the leading provider of information on all aspects of live dealer casino gaming in the UK. We provide you with information on the top live dealer games at these casinos and also details on the different aspects of live dealer casino gaming itself.
When you come to us you get the following:
- The way live dealer casino games work
- Benefits and disadvantages
- Availability of live dealer casinos for mobile
Read on for all you need to know about this amazing aspect of online casino gaming that is available to players from the UK!
(18+ T&C; apply)
(18+ T&C; apply)
(18+ T&C; apply)
Basics of Live Dealer Casino Gaming
The Internet led to the birth of the online casino, a revolutionary step forward for the casino industry. While there was security and comfort and a range of high profile games from leading software providers backed up by superb bonuses and support for a range of payment methods, there was still one thing missing: the ability to experience the thrill and excitement that the ambience of a land-based casino provided. All that changed with the arrival of live dealer casino gaming.
The live dealer casino, like the online casino, was born out of the availability of advanced technology to fulfill a basic need for the online casino fan. Live dealer casino games are special because they are available at online casinos but feature not an automated RNG but real-life dealers controlling the action. The action itself unfolds at one of two possible venues:
A land-based casino associated with the software provider
The live dealer studio of the software provider
People immediately got the potential that the live dealer casino brought with it and made this a very popular form of online casino gambling in the UK.
Why we are the Best for Information on Live Dealer Casinos in the UK
The popularity of live casino gambling has been the direct cause of so many online casinos in the UK offering live casino gaming to their players. While this is a great thing there is another side to it: there are too many live dealer casinos around and choosing the right one for you can be quite a challenge. We are the best when it comes to providing this information. This is thanks to our team of experts.
Our experts all come with extensive industry experience and have solid background when it comes to testing, research, and analysis. They test each live casino in the UK rigorously for multiple parameters:
- Look and feel
- Software provider
- Game range
- Streaming speed
- Quality of live dealer services on offer
- Audio and video smoothness
- Availability of payment methods
- Availability of a mobile version
All the casinos that make it to our list are the ones that have excelled in all these aspects of live casino gaming. All you have to do is:
- Go through our list of live dealer casinos for UK players.
- Read the reviews of the casinos we feature.
- Go to the casino and start playing.
It is as simple as that!
Live Dealer Casinos and How They Work
Live dealer casinos use advanced technology to offer simplistic solutions.
- They look like games at land-based casinos.
- The only difference is that you still play the games at the online casino you are signed up with.
- You control the game at your end while getting the benefit of the live dealer, who controls the action at the table.
- The video feature allows you to see the deal or the spin of the roulette wheel.
- The dealer also sees your wager and your game move through this feature.
This is how it works:
- The action takes place at the live dealer studio or a land-based casino.
- The live dealer casinos studios are located in different parts of the world; for instance Playtech’s studios are in Europe.
- There is proper lighting to give you the best view through video.
- The action is filmed at the venue and features a live crowd and real-life dealers.
- Advanced technology then uses the Internet to stream the images live to the player on his computer or mobile device. For instance, NetEnt uses Chroma key technology for its live dealer games.
- All you have to do is log in to your casino account and access the live dealer casino.
- You can interact with the live dealer through chat and see him on your device’s camera.
- You can also chat with other players at the table, taking the live casino experience to a whole new level.
Games at Live Dealer Casinos
There are different kinds of games that you play at live dealer casinos:
- Live Blackjack
- Live Roulette
- Live Baccarat
- Live Casino Hold’em
More about the Technical Aspects of Live Dealer Casinos
Advanced technology allows you to view live casino games on your:
- Computer or laptop
- Mobile device
- Casino’s TV channel
The Internet is a big part of the live dealer experience and you would need a fast Internet connection through:
- 3G or 4G networks
The following are the rooms you find in a live dealer casino studio:
- Live studio
- Room for software
- Analyst’s viewing and processing room
The different technical equipment include:
- Cameras: 3 High-res cameras for shots from multiple angles of:
- Wheel for roulette games
- Table for roulette, blackjack, Casino Hold’em, and Baccarat games
- Picture-in-picture display
- Game Control Unit (GCU): This is about the size of shoebox and helps encode the video for broadcasting. There is one GCU per table.
- Monitor: For showing the dealer the location of the players at the tables.
Security at Live Dealer Casino Games
All live dealer games are secure. Problems could however arise because of your Internet connection. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Secure Internet connection is vital.
- Connecting from a public WiFi hotspot is a definite no-no.
- Protect your username and password.
Benefits and Disadvantages of Live Dealer Casinos
The following are some of the advantages of playing at live dealer casinos:
- You get to experience the human element of casino gambling from your home.
- Games are exciting because of the absence of the RNG.
- Games are easy to play, just like the online version of the game.
- There is a definite social side to the entire online casino gambling experience.
- You get to enjoy the best of both worlds – online as well as land-based casino.
There are a few disadvantages as well:
- Betting limits are higher because of high cost of running operations.
- Games are slower because the dealer/croupier is human and controls all the different aspects, from accepting bets to dealing cards to spinning the roulette wheel.
- Disruption is a distinct possibility because of the Internet connection speeds.