Maxims Casino Club Review
Maxims Casino Club is a very well-known casino in London. The casino is owned by Genting Casinos UK Ltd. and is known because it has chosen to not follow the beaten track that a number of other land-based casinos across the UK are treading. While a number of land-based casinos are opening their doors to all lovers of gambling, Maxims Casino Club has retained its aura of exclusivity by opening their doors only to a very select and exclusive clientele. You have to be over 18 years to visit this casino and a valid ID is required to get in.
Maxims Casino Club’s clients are among the most powerful and well-known not just in the UK but across the world. The casino was first launched in 1862 and was originally built for a close friend of Charles Dickens, John Forster. Initially it was known by the name Palace Gate House because it was built at Palace Gates. It underwent renovation in 1899 and after Forster’s death his famous personal library was displayed in the Victoria and Albert Museum. Even though it was converted into Maxims Casino Club, Palace Gate House still remains as is mostly.
More about Maxims Casino Club
Maxims Casino Club has been renovated to give it a modern look and feel but the ambience has remained the same: elitist, comfortable, and offering all the luxuries that it came with initially. Events are also organized here at regular intervals. Amenities at the casino include, among others:
- Maxims Whiskey Lounge Bar: This has a collection of more than 126 of the best whiskeys from across the world.
- Single Malt Scotch: There are 60 varieties of single malt scotch here, including a 20-year old Dalmore and whiskey from different countries like Japan, New Zealand, and China.
- Cocktails: The bar has 15 different cocktails including the classic Cosmopolitan and Whiskey Sour.
- Champagne: The casino also has a fine collection of champagnes for connoisseurs to try out.
Not just members but also non-members can visit the bar at Maxims Casino Club.
- The Restaurant: The Restaurant specializes in European, Chinese, and Arabic cuisine. It is open between 7:00 pm and 3:00 am.
The primary currency at Maxims Casino Club is the British Pound Sterling (£). Other major currencies from around the world are supported as well, however. This casino requires membership to be able to play the games on offer, though other sections like the bar and restaurant are open to non-members as well.
Games at Maxims Casino Club
Maxims Casino Club is an elite casino and the choice of games on offer is a reflection of the kind of clientele it accommodates. For instance, there are not too many poker games on offer at the casino. Another game that you see in most land-based casinos open to the regular players – slots – is also not on offer at this well-known land-based casino.
There are however, live game tables where clients can indulge in their favorite games. There are 26 such tables at the casino. These include, among others:
- Roulette: There are 8 tables of American Roulette at this casino
- Blackjack: This casino offers 9 tables of blackjack for players to play.
- Casino Stud Poker: You get to play at 9 tables of Casino Stud Poker when you sign up with Maxims Casino Club.
Other games available at this casino include:
- Three Card Poker
- Other forms of roulette
- Chemin de Fer
The casino is open to players for gaming 24 hours a day throughout the year. There are luxurious private gaming rooms available at the casino for those clients who are looking for privacy during their casino gaming here. The private rooms here include:
- The Dickens Room: This room offers a blend of comfort, style, class, and serenity. There are exquisite period features such as:
- A stained glass ceiling that is hand-painted
- Wrought iron staircase leading to the mezzanine level
- Luxurious and soft furnishing
- The Kensington Room: This is an exquisite private room with the following features:
- Period feature fireplace
- Vaulted ceilings
- 3 gaming tables
- The Palace Room: This is another beautiful room that offers:
- Exquisite décor
- Bright and airy ambience
- 2 gaming tables
Betting Limits at Maxims Casino Club
The casino has a high profile clientele and therefore the betting limits are also on the higher side.
- Roulette games have a minimum bet limit of £1 and a higher limit of £1500.
- Betting limits for blackjack games range between a minimum of £10 and a maximum of £10,000.
- The betting limits for Casino Stud Poker range between a minimum of £10 and a maximum of £2500.
For betting limits on the other games, you can check with the support team at the casino’s premises.
Dress Code at Maxims Casino Club
Unlike many of the other land-based casinos in the UK, Maxims Casino Club does have a dress code for players who come to their gaming tables. The general dress code here is semi-formal attire; no sports attire is allowed. If you are at the gaming tables, a dress shirt and a jacket are necessities.
Land Based Casinos by Cities
- Great Yarmouth
- Casinos in Ireland
- Isle of Man
- Milton Keynes
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- North Glasgow
- Casinos in Scotland
- Southend on Sea